Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Full-time, 37 hours per week, TTO
VTG7 SP18 -21 (£18,070 - £20,138) p.a. pro rata + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package (see website for full details of our employee benefits package).
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at Merchants’ Academy Secondary based in South Bristol.
Venturers Trust is a new Multi Academy Trust based in Bristol formed through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust in September 2017. Comprising Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school the Trust has 3,200 pupils and 700 staff.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
We are seeking a dedicated individual who has a passion for helping young people and who is committed to raising the attainment and aspiration of our students.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Higher Degree Support Funding, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
The successful candidate will have:
• Been educated to a high standard with a minimum GCSE grade C in English and mathematics (or equivalent qualifications).
• A proficiency in improving basic numeracy and literacy with specialist skills in literacy that will enable you to work with targeted individuals.
• Ideally a professional qualification relative to post i.e. NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants, PGCE or TEFL but not essential.
• Experience of working effectively supporting children in a learning environment.
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning.
• Ideally have experience of relevant learning programmes/strategies/codes of practice.
• Ideally have training in the relevant strategies for literacy and/or curriculum or learning area e.g. bi-lingual, sign language, dyslexia but not essential.
Closing date: 6th September 2018 at 09:00.
Interviews: Week commencing 17th September 2018.
Please note due to the expected volumes of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.
|Teaching Assistant Job Description TA Ja...||03rd Jul 2018||Download|
|Teaching Assistant Person Specification...||03rd Jul 2018||Download|
|Application Form Non Teaching posts||28th Jul 2016||Download|
|Equality Monitoring Form||28th Jul 2016||Download|