Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Full time Permanent
MPS/UPS + Allowance of £4,500 + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
Merchants’ Academy is a 3-18 Academy sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. This is an exciting time to join us as the Academy grows and standards continue to rise. The Academy is very well resourced, where staff and their development is a priority.
Applications are invited from high quality teachers to join the enthusiastic and dedicated Performing Arts Department at Merchants’ Academy as Raising Standards Leader.
We are seeking an inspirational music specialist who is committed to raising the attainment and aspirations of our students. In return you will join a first class staff team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career.
Candidates for this post should be:
- inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
- able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
In addition, candidates should have the following leadership qualities:
- Strong leadership skills through which you are able to inspire and develop a team.
- Recent and relevant knowledge of different curriculum developments within your subject.
- An understanding of national developments within education.
- Ability to support other staff through both general CPD and teaching pedagogy.
- Drive and enthusiasm through which you can support the senior leadership team in developing Performing Arts.
To access an application form, please follow the link below:
Closing date: 12.00pm on Friday 20th October 2017
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.