Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Safer Recruitment in Education
Venturers Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. The aims of our Safer Recruitment procedures are to help deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
Information for Applicants
All applicants for all vacant posts will be provided with:
- A job description outlining the duties of the post, including safeguarding responsibilities.
- A person specification which will include a specific reference to suitability to work with children.
- An Application form, and all applicants for employment will be required to complete this application form, containing questions about their academic and full employment history and their suitability for the role (in addition all applicants are required to account for any gaps or discrepancies in employment history).
Shortlisting and Reference Requests
References will be requested at the selection stage directly from the referee. They will be asked:
- the referee’s relationship with the candidate;
- details of the applicant’s current post and salary;
- performance history and conduct;
- any disciplinary action involving the safety and welfare of children, including any in which the sanction has expired;
- details of any substantiated allegations or concerns relating to the safety and welfare of children;
- whether the referee has any reservations as to the candidate’s suitability to work with children. If so, the Trust/Academy will ask for specific details of the concerns and the reasons why the referee believes the candidate may be unsuitable to work with children.
At least one member of each interview panel will have completed Safer Recruitment Training. The selection process for every post will include exploration of the candidate’s understanding of child safeguarding issues.
All staff will require an enhanced DBS. Prohibition and Overseas checks will also be completed if necessary.