Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Full-time (37 hours per week), term time only to cover maternity leave.
VTG9 Scale Point 26 - 29 (Salary £23,398 – £25,951 p.a. pro rata) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package (see website for full details of our employee benefits package).
We are seeking to appoint a Student Engagement Tutor who is highly ambitious for students and committed to ensuring that vulnerable children at Secondary level achieve more than they ever thought possible.
As a Student Engagement Tutor you will lead on the engagement of students academically in order to accelerate attainment, progress and aspiration. Your role will involve working closely with teaching staff to deliver a programme of education tailored to students’ individual needs which delivers expected academic outcomes and attitudes for employability.
- Be educated to a high standard with a GCSE Grade C in Maths and English in addition to an NVQ in teaching and learning (or equivalent qualifications)
- Drive the Academy's vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students' life chances
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards
- Communicate and relate to students to enable you to build effective working relationships
- Have a proven track record of supporting students in a learning environment
It will also be essential for the successful candidate to have an understanding of the current developments in teaching and learning as well as the ability to plan and deliver literacy and numeracy sessions to a high standard. Training and professional learning opportuities are available.
Closing date: 25th June 2018
Interviews: 3rd July 2018
Please note due to the expected volumes of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.
|Student Engagement Tutor Job Description||21st Aug 2016||Download|
|Student Engagement Tutor Person Specific...||21st Aug 2016||Download|
|Application Form Non Teaching posts||28th Jul 2016||Download|
|Equality Monitoring Form||28th Jul 2016||Download|