Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Part-time, at least 2.5 days per week, term time only, fixed term until 31/08/20
Salary to be offered in line with skills and experience of candidate/MPS (£24,373 - £35,971) per annum for teaching staff. Health Cash Plan and Benefits package provided.
Merchants’ Academy is a 3-18 Academy sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. The Academy is well resourced and staff and their development is a priority
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at Merchants’ Academy.
We are looking to appoint a positive, hardworking, skilled and ambitious practitioner to facilitate group numeracy booster sessions across Year 6. This role is fixed term, between 2.5-3 days per week (hours and days of work to be agreed with successful candidate), term time only. This post might suit a qualified teacher looking for a more focussed role working with a small group of students – or a suitably qualified TA or HLTA looking to build their teaching expertise. Numeracy as a specialism is essential.
Candidates for this post should be:
• Passionate about how children learn best with a genuine belief that all children can succeed.
• Creative and adaptable, with a good sense of humour.
• Can work positively within a team setting.
• A confident professional, keen to share their knowledge and understanding with others and committed to ongoing professional development.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a passion for working with children alongside a deep pedagogical knowledge of teaching and learning to help children realise their academic potential as well as a commitment to enhancing the life chances of the children in the community which we serve.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
• To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Higher Degree Support Funding, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
If you are hardworking, reflective, committed, and looking to further develop your talents and skills at Merchants’ Academy then we would love to receive an application from you.
If you would like to find about more about this role or arrange to visit the school, please contact reception on 0117 301 0805.
Closing date: Thursday 16th January 2020 at 9:00. Interviews: W/c 20th January 2020
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.