Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Permanent, full-time (37 hours per week) term time only.
VTG5 SP12-15 £16,774- £17761 per annum, pro rata (actual salary £14,347 - £15,191 per annum) + Health Cash Plan and Benefit package (see website for full details of our employee benefit package).
Venturers Trust is an emerging Multi Academy Trust based in Bristol formed through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust in September 2017. Comprising Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school the Trust has 3,200 pupils and 700 staff.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
A vacancy has arisen for a full-time Receptionist/Admin Assistant to work as part of a small and friendly Admin Team at Merchants’ Academy, Primary. The position is permanent, term time only, working Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm and Friday, 8am to 3.30pm. The role is varied and demanding within a busy school environment. In addition to admin tasks and reception duties, the successful candidate will be expected to undertake first aid duties on a rota basis.
Candidates for this post must have:
• Educated to a high standard with a minimum GCSE grade C in English and mathematics (or equivalent qualifications).
• A relevant NVQ2/equivalent qualification or relevant experience to the role.
• A first aid qualification or a willingness to undertake this
• Good telephone manner.
• Ability to communicate and relate to staff, students and parents alike.
• High standards and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently or in a team.
• Flexibility to cope with diverse needs of the post
• Ability to remain calm and professional working under pressure.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Higher Degree Support Funding, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: 26th February 2020 at 9:00 Interviews: Week commencing 2nd March 2020
Please note due to the expected volumes of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.