Our School App Stay connected on the go...
HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Fixed term to cover maternity leave, part time (22 hours per week, working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) term time only to start in June 2020.
£24,343 - £26,999 (VTG9, SP26-29) per annum, pro rata (actual salary £11,769 - £13,053 per annum) plus Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Merchants’ Academy is an all age Academy based in Withywood, Bristol with students from Nursery through to Sixth Form. Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust which is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers together with the University of Bristol. The Trust comprises Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school with 3,200 pupils and 700 staff. The Academy provides an exceptional environment for students and staff.
We looking to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join an exciting and committed team at Merchants’ Academy, Primary. We are seeking a dedicated individual who will contribute to a wide range of teaching and learning activities and assist and support the work of qualified teachers. This will necessitate working with individuals, small groups and whole classes where the assigned teacher is not present.
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
• Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Hold relevant qualifications at a level equivalent to at least NQF Level 3.
• Experience of relevant learning programmes/strategies/codes of practice.
• Understanding of relevant policies/ codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and barriers to learning.
• Have trained in relevant learning strategies, e.g. literacy.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Higher Degree Support Funding, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd April 2020 at 9:00. Interviews: TBC
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.