Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Read OurLatest News
World Book Day Celebrations at Primary
- Celebrating 20 years of World Book Day across the UK.
Throughout the Primary all students and staff enjoyed the opportunity to dress as their favourite book or comic characters. Prizes were awarded to the best dressed students across each year group. Y6 students also voted for the best dressed student from each class, and the best dressed staff members.
The overall winners were..
Staff winners were Stickman, Cinderella & Aladdin.
All the winners received an exciting new read to take home!
World Book Day was overall a great success. The students enjoyed a character costume parade during assembly, with a warm welcome to the students from nursery as it was their first whole-academy assembly. The day also kicked off with an exciting 'Readathon'. Here teachers read 15 minute book passages to different year groups, before the students switched rooms and listened to a different story.
Some of the books covered in the Readathon included:
- The Nowhere Emporium by Ross Mackenzie, and read by Burglar Bill.
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S Lewis, and read by Grandma from Little Red Riding Hood.
- Horrid Henry by Francesca Simon, and read by Aladdin.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling, and read by Professor Trelawney from Harry Potter.
- Peace At Last by Jill Murphey, and read by Handa from Handa's Surprise.
- Not Now Bernard by David McKee, and read by Wanda from Where's Wally.
Additional activities on the day included, designing a book token for the 'Oodles of Doodles' national competition, and participating in a 'Pass the Story' concept. Here students in each year group helped write a story, one passage at a time written by each class, and then 'passed on' to the next. This activity was enjoyed by all, especially when it was time to read the completed story.