Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Full-time, fixed term to cover maternity leave to start in September 2022
MPS- UPS (£25,714 - £41,604) plus £2,873 (TLR2.1) per annum + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
Merchants’ Academy is a 3-18 Academy sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. The Academy is well resourced, and staff and their development are a priority.
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at Merchants’ Academy, Primary.
We are looking to appoint a positive, hardworking, skilled and ambitious practitioner who wants to make a real difference to children’s lives and is ready and able to take on a role teaching our children and working in harmony with staff, families and other key stakeholders. We are looking for someone who can lead on the early part of a child’s school life and provide the foundations for their educational journey.
Candidates for this post should be:
• Passionate about how children learn best with a genuine belief that all children can succeed.
• Want to inspire staff to make a child’s early years at school exciting and engaging
• Creative and adaptable, with a good sense of humour.
• An innovative practitioner who values and can support enquiry and curriculum development
• Can work positively within a team setting.
• A confident professional, keen to share their knowledge and understanding with others and committed to ongoing professional development.
• Be able to lead a team and drive forward school improvement
In addition, the successful candidate will have a deep pedagogical knowledge of teaching and learning and child development to help children realise their potential with a focus on the prime areas and literacy and mathematics within the early years foundation stage framework as well as an interest in the wider community that the school serves.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
• Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
• Opportunities to network with other EYFS leads within and beyond our Trust and access to high quality CPD.
• To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Higher Degree Support Funding, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
If you are hardworking, reflective, committed, and looking to further develop your talents and skills at Merchants’ Academy then we would love to receive an application from you.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing date: Monday 27th June 2022 at 9:00. Interviews: To be confirmed
Please note due to the expected volumes of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.