Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Permanent, full-time to start January 2023 or sooner if available
MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604) per annum + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
Merchants’ Academy is a 3-18 Academy sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. This is an exciting time to join us as the Academy grows and standards continue to rise. The Academy is very well resourced, where staff and their development is a priority.
We have an exciting new opportunity available to join our Academy as a Psychology/Science Teacher. This was a popular subject choice this year at the Academy and our students are successful, progressing to a wide range of pathways upon completion of their studies. We are seeking an inspirational teacher who is committed to raising the attainment and aspirations of our students. The role will comprise of mainly Science teaching, with the opportunity to deliver the first year of A Level Psychology to a cohort of very interested year 12 students, and year 12 and 13 A level Psychology groups thereafter.
Candidates for this post should be:
- Inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
- Able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
In return we can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
- Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
- A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
- To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive, Higher Degree Support Funding plus others.
If you are hardworking, reflective, resilient, and looking to further develop your talents and skills at Merchants’ Academy then we would love to receive an application from you.
We particularly welcome applications from under- represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing Date: Monday 27th June 2022 at 9:00 Interviews: Week commencing 4th July 2022
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.