Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Permanent, full-time and part-time hours available term time only, to start as soon as possible.
VTG7 – SP18-SP21, starting salary £19,655 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary if working 37 hours per week will be £16,811 per annum) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package (see website for full details of our employee benefit package).
Venturers Trust is a dynamic and focused multi-academy trust based in Bristol, formed in September 2017 through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust. The Trust is responsible for eight academies, 3,500 pupils and 750 staff with a commitment to making a significant and lifelong difference to the lives of young people from some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged communities.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at Merchants’ Academy.
The role will involve working closely with the Senior Administrator, the Admin Team and also the Academy Leadership Team in providing general clerical, administrative and financial support for the Academy. The role will include administration for the Isolation room including monitoring and tracking student attendance to the Isolation room.
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum of GCSE Grade C in Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
• Experience of general office and administration.
• Clear experience of being able to work effectively as part of a team and also independently managing your own workload.
• Working with confidential and sensitive data, understanding the professional requirements of working with information such as notetaking/minutes.
• Strong organisational and time management skills with the resilience to work under pressure.
• You must display excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate an attitude of learning, continual personal and professional development.
It would be a distinct advantage to have knowledge of working within an educational setting ideally however full training will be provided.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing date: Wednesday 10th August 2022 at 9:00. Interviews: Tuesday 16th August 2022.
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.